This Resources page collates papers, resources and links
on a range of business improvement issues, concentrating on
the transport sector.
Index of case study papers
- Best Methods of Railway Restructuring and Privatization.
Ron Kopicki, Louis S. Thompson, with Murray King et al.
World Bank CFS Discussion Series 1995.
- Rail Productivity Improvements in New Zealand.
Productivity Upgradation Seminar. Address to UIC Meter Gauge
Group, Stockholm, Sweden - May 1997.
- Managing the Transition from Public to Private Ownership.
Paper presented by Dr Francis Small to AsiaRail 96 Conference.
- "NZ Rail Privatisation is a Success". International
Railway Journal, March 1995.
- "Privatisation Benefits Railway and Customers".
International Railway Journal, August 1997.
- Rail Reform: Paper prepared for 20th Australasian
Transport Research Forum, 1996.
- "Building a Model Railway". The Bulletin.
February 20, 1996.
- Australasian Rail Industry: Issues for the Future.
Address to the Rail Finance and Investment Conference, August
- "Railways in New Zealand", in Utility Regulation
in Australia and New Zealand. Privatisation International,
- Lessons from the New Zealand Ministerial Inquiry into
Rail Safety. Paper to Australian Rail Safety Conference,
Sydney - February 2001.
- Rail Transport Infrastructure in the 21st century.
Speaker at the Chartered Institute of Transport, Auckland
- June 2000 at Forum 2000 Transport & Distribution:
Success in a Fast Changing World.
- Conducting a Business Nationally under the Resource
Management Act. Paper to the Resource Management Conference,
Auckland - March 1995.
- Integrated or Separate Infrastructure Management -
Experiences. Paper to the IRC/UIC Congress, Marrakech
- October 1997.
- Ministerial Inquiry
into Incis, November 2000.